21 September 2009

Dixie - Session 10

In the morning we had a health and safety briefing. We were made aware of the fire exits and were told not to wander about on our own until we had become accustomed to the venue. When we used the hand-basher we were told to hold it by the handle as it became hot when used.

We all followed instructions and no-one had any queries or quandaries about it. Everybody is definitely looking out for each other’s safety. We were told to be aware of our surroundings when working in the dark cells.

(1.1, 2.2, 3.4)

We all put ideas for certain scenarios but we ended up all working on other peoples ideas for performance. Stephen said that it would help to get a different perspective if we worked on other peoples ideas it would also help to remove the chance that we are affected by our recall.

We got good feedback on our rehearsals. People in the group seemed to be happy with the work there were no criticisms. I rehearsal the artist gave me instructions, I had to walk on and touch the shoulder of a person, I had to do it with different emotions. 1 Someone I didn’t know, 2 someone who saved my life and 3 some one I knew. The audience were asked to comment on what they thought the scene was.

(2.1, 2.3, 3.2)

I played the part of a prison officer. This was the least interesting part of the course because it was very repetitive; I can understand why it had to be done that way in order to get the shots we need. In my second scene I had water thrown at me, bits of newspaper and crawled on the floor but it was good. A lot of the performance came from my observations of behavior when I was inn prison. The rattling of keys was to show the prison officers perverse enjoyments. They have swagger about them, which I tried to portray.

I felt fine about performing in the family break down scene. Even if I looked daft no one would know it was me. I’d like to think the performance would have a big impact on the audience, even if it stops one person in a hundred it will be a good thing.

I got good feedback about my performance, I was told it was good acting. They said it turned out good. The re was one scene that he was unhappy with but that was because of the track on the track and Dolly.

I think one of my main strengths was being able to help direct the prisons officers scene as I could draw on my experience. My performance in the family breakdown scene was good. My weakness was hurting my hands hitting the floor!

Although I have enjoyed this part of the process the least due to the repetition of shots I’m still enjoying it.

(3.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3)

No comments:

Post a Comment