1 September 2009

Yogi - Session 8

Today we have been working on creative writing for our video campaign aimed at young people. I have found it quite difficult but I have managed to complete the task.

We talked about the different forms, styles and purposes of literature and how they relate to different audiences for different reasons. We talked about scripts, electronic media and other forms of literature. We also discussed and debated style such as fiction, non-fiction, horror and thrillers. We also discussed how different styles of writing appeal to different audiences and the purpose of the media depends on the audience it is aimed at.
(1.1, 1.2, 4.1)

For our piece of work we felt that the right form was short stories/scripts to share our experiences for our film based on real life events.

The right style we felt was a combination of fiction and non-fiction because real life experiences shaped our ideas but we were creative with developing those ideas to make a more powerful impact.

As a group we decided that the right purpose for our work was raising awareness, challenge, educate and dis-wade viewers. Our work will also provoke our audience (young people).
(1.3, 4.2)

The inspiration for our pieces of writing comes from my own personal experience and the experiences of the other group members.

We looked at the time lines we had created and looked at the key moments of desperation within our previous addictions. We then wrote about the key moments and how it made us feel.

We shared our work with the group and then discussed it as a team, giving feedback on each others experiences.
(2.1, 2.2)

We discussed as a group what the best way to develop our pieces of writing was, and using feedback went on to complete the writing. My piece was about withdrawal and detox based on my experience of 24 hour care trying to tackle my addiction.
(3.1, 3.2, 5.1)

My finished piece is very true to life and is based on things that actually happened. I am happy to share my experience in order to help other people understand the severity of alcohol addiction and hope that the message helps to prevent young people going down that road.

I am happy that my experiences were communicated through my work and hope it contributes towards making a difference to others.
(3.3, 5.2)


Creative Narrative "We are in a waiting room with visitors watching. The expression on my face is ready to explode. The people around are shocked and scared. They didn't know how to react, wondering what was going to happen next. I was withdrawing. A nurse was called to take me out of the room before I did something crazy. I started shaking, sweating, panicing. The people became a blur, my heart was pounding. A male nurse stood in the doorway. I wanted to scream, I needed help. I could feel myself ready to blow. I wanted to be out of there. I wanted medication. Ihad to be taken to a room to get meds then they watched me for 24 hour to make sure I didn't go into a fit. I'd been in detox with people as young as my kids which really brought it home to me. They were all drug addicts and I felt so lonely. I realise that this wasnt the life for me."

Dialogue "Help for Julie! We need to get her to the meds room! She is losing it! We need more meds!"

Addiction Talking
"Drink! You need me. Feed me, can't live without you. Find me, pour me, swallow me! Mind, body and soul. Got you now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment