1 September 2009

Tinker -Session 8


I really enjoyed today's session - I thought it was going to be complicated but when you break it down it makes it easier.

In group we sat down and discussed how we would present our piece. We looked at what style of writing we would do, how it is published so in what form of text, who it was aimed at and the purpose.
(1.1, 1.2, 4.1)

We broke it down and decided which one would fit our piece.
We decided that short story with a shocking style to scare people. We were trying to educate people and make them realise what the realities are. We aimed it at young people.
(1.3, 4.2)

We looked at our timelines and defined a beginning, middle and end. We presented key moments to the group from our expeirences. We made our idea stronger and stronger by pitching ideas and choosing the strongest ones.
(2.1, 2.2)

Following feedback from the group I made some additions to my piece. I added more to the setting and describing the prison cell to make it as realistic as possible.
(3.1, 3.2, 5.1)

I thought my piece of writing was quite good. I think it should be quite powerful and realistic. I think it was like an achievement. I look forward to seeing the end piece.
(3.3, 5.2)


Creative Narrative "I'm in a cell alone and scared. There is little furniture. The bed is not made yet as I've just been sentenced. I'm dressed in a prison uniform. I have a bag with toiletries, blanket etc. The wall has old bits of toothpaste on where the last person has put there photos. The room is cold, and dark with a grey atmosphere. There is noise from the other cells, doors banging, other inmates shouting. Slow tears fall down my face. The mattress I sit on is worn."

Dialogue

"What have done? How are my kids? What will people think? What will happen to me next? Is this real? Am I dreaming this?"


Addiction Speaking

"You know you need me. I will stop you shaking. I love you more than anybody. I'm your family now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment