25 August 2009

Rebecca - Session 7

Poster Campaign

Today we came together to look at the final drafts of the poster campaign we devised, to discuss if there needed any changes and what they should be. We talked about the text content, the final images we should use and whether they got across the message we desired.

I am pleased with the overall images and the messages within them are very clear. I think people viewing these posters will get the idea very quickly.

Video Ad Campaign

We viewed various social media campaigns and gave our thoughts on how well they were done. It helped us to consider our own campaign and how we were going to do it.

Canvasses

My idea for a canvas design was to create a pie chart image that represented how addiction takes over your life. The tag line I came up with was 'How much of your life are you willing to give to addiction'. This concept was based on my personal experience where 95% of my life revolved around addiction and only 5% of a normal life.

I wanted to create this piece to challenge adult service users to make a change and break their cycle of addiction.

(2.1) My role was to take an active listening part as well as having an input into the session. The group worked together as a team to evolve the idea and debated how best to take the idea forward. As it was my idea I had the final say with any changes but also listened and took on board other members views and opinions.

(5.1) During the session each group member pitched their ideas for a canvas, we all encourage each other to expand on the ideas. I listened to other peoples views and also contributed to other concepts by sharing my own ideas.

It was a collaborative approach in which we all helped and supported each other.

(7.1) As I have progressed and changed as a person the people around me and in my life have given me praise and encouragement but also valued my opinions more and asked me for advice.

As part of the Peer Mentoring course we had to give and receive feedback in a constructive and positive way.

(7.2) I was actively involved in helping others develop their own work by participating in discussion around ideas and concepts. I gave my points of view and felt it was valued by other group members.

No comments:

Post a Comment