10 August 2009

Yogi - Session 2

Today we started to explore ideas for creating canvasses. We pitched our ideas to the group and shared our views on each others concepts. As a group there was a good level of respect, we appreciated everyone's individual opinions and views.

I wanted to create a piece that reflected my personal experiences in life. My idea was a concept around alcohol and the impact it has on an unborn child. Through a process of development the final idea was a fetus trapped inside a vodka bottle, I wanted to get across the harm alcohol can do to an unborn child. A child does not have a choice when an adult is irresponsible with alcohol.

The group responded very positively to my idea and it started some good debate around the issue. I wanted my canvas to provoke adult service users to think about the consequences of their selfishness. Alcohol blocks out everything in the real world, my image challenges people to think about their alcohol misuse. There is nothing at the end of a bottle, only emptiness and heartache.

The artist gave fantastic feedback and helped me to visualize the final stencil design. I am really pleased as I feel the artist understood my points of view and interpreted my message in the canvas really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment